For many, spring is the most beautiful time of the year. As the weather gets warmer, flowers start to bloom and plants and grass release pollen into the air, and tree pollen is the first seasonal allergen to hit the air.
If you are constantly sneezing and itching this time of year you are not alone. More than 35 million Americans suffer from pollen allergies, according to the FDA.
Allergies to spring pollen cause sneezing, runny and stuffy nose, watery eyes, itchy throat, eyes and nose. To fight allergies the best defense is a great offense, therefore it is important to know what triggers your allergies.
Here are a few seasonal allergy survival tips to help you deal with the unwanted pollens that are about to visit your eyes and nasal passages this spring.
- Take allergy medications early in the day, preferably before you get your day started.
- Stay indoors as much as possible to minimize your exposure.
- Stay clean by showering and washing your hair and clothes regularly. This will get rid of pollen from your skin, hair and clothes.
- Wear oversized sunglasses to block airborne seasonal pollens and molds from entering your eyes and lids that cause uncomfortable redness, itchiness, watery eyes and puffiness.
- Wear a hat. The wider the brim the better. This will help block out pollen.
- If you have pets, groom them regularly because they can bring pollen in doors.
Thankfully, science has been steadily improving on ways to combat pollen allergy symptoms, and there are many over-the-counter and prescribed medicines that can help relieve your allergies. Like pollen and other allergies that are season specific, there are also bacteria and virus outbreaks that are tied to certain times of year.
Keep your immune system strong all year long with MegaDefense a product proven to help combat bacteria, germs and viruses.
After all, no one wants to sit on the sideline of life.